1. A cute boy isn’t going to pick you up from your loneliness. Accept that.
2. Fall in love with yourself, fall in love with the world around you, fall in love with being happy, you’ll love it.
3. Decide if you really need those toxic people around you. Let’s face it, you don’t. Move on with your life the way you need to.
4. Be selfish. No one got anywhere in this world by putting someone’s happiness before their own, why should you?
5. Write. Draw. Act. Sing. Dance. Find your forte. Do it.
6. Look through universities and cry because you don’t know what you want to do with your life. It’s okay. Anyone that says they do know is lying.
7. Go for a walk when you’re sad, or lie in bed; whatever makes you feel best, just remember that the sadness is only temporary.
8. Be spontaneous. Be organised. You need both.
9. Accept that you aren’t always going to know what to do, sometimes you WILL just want to cry and escape the world at 3 am in the morning, but this isn’t going to last. You aren’t always going to know how to respond to that text, or whether to go out even though you know you’ll just wish you’re at home in bed; indecision is normal.
10. Realise that life will never be like the films you watch or the books you read or the poems you admire. Life is what you make of it, so don’t sit around waiting for something to happen, just live.